Families and the people in them come in all forms. Children's books about pride, diversity, LGBTQ history and gender identity are a great way to help educate and teach kids about love, diversity and equality. These books can be great conversation starters.
Here is just a sample of some great children's books to read!
- Red: A Crayon's Story by
- Julián Is a Mermaid by Jessica Love
- They She He Me: Free to Be! by
- Pride: The Story of Harvey Milk and the Rainbow Flag by Rob Sanders
- Annie's Plaid Shirt by Stacey B. Davids
- Stonewall: A Building. An Uprising. A Revolution by Rob Sanders
- Sparkle Boy by Leslea Newman
- Love Makes a Family by Sophie Beer
- A Family is a Family is a Family by Sara O'Leary
- From the Stars in the Sky to the Fish in the Sea by Kai Cheng Thom and